Save the date! The Tenth Annual Eagle Rock Music Festival is almost here! The yearly FREE music festival with a unique and independent community vibe, to take place on Colorado Boulevard in Eagle Rock, on Saturday, October 4, 2008, from 5p.m.-Midnight.
- Abe Vigoda, Crystal Antlers, Earlimart, Mika Miko, Princeton, Pizza!, Gangi, the Evangenitals and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (a project of IMA Robot's Alex Ebert) on the outdoor Emerging Stage, showcasing artists from the diverse variety of independent music scenes in and around LA's Eastside.
- A Global stage curated by Los Angeles-based collective Dublab Soundsystem, bringing soulful, global roots music ranging from jazz fusion with Build an Ark, Afro-beat inspired dance jams from Fool's Gold, acclaimed local favorites Very Be Careful and their unique takes on 50s-60s Columbian vallenato cumbias, and Domingo Siete (Son Montuno, Colombian Cumbia, Mexican Norteño and Bolero)
- A stage created by KPFK Divine Forces Radio DJ Fidel Rodriguez, featuring DJs, Filipino MC Bambu, genre-fusing Latin songstress Cava, and Pachamama (Estela)
- Neo-classical Indian world jazz by Arohi Ensemble, featuring Highland Park resident Paul Livingstone and virtuoso Indian guest musicians from Calcutta on sitar, sarod, and tabla (appearing courtesy of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission and the Recording Industries' Music Performance Fund through the assistance of Professional Musicians Union Local 47)
- A stage presented by Eagle Rock-based recording studios The Ship Studios, Kingsize Soundlabs, and the Eagle Rock Bowling and Drinking Club featuring The Parson Red Heads, Radar Bros., The Flying Tourbillion Orchestra, Landy with The Black Pine, and Amnion; plus Light F.M., Le Switch, Divisadero, Pierre de Reeder, and Human Value at American Tire Depot
- A Kids' Stage featuring interactive sound exploration for kids with GLANK and Open Gate Theatre, and CA Combo, plus Ellen and Matt, face painting, hoop dancing, and more
- Amplified instrumental music and quieter folk at the American Legion Hall featuring Upsilon Acrux, Emily Wells, Emily Lacy, The Cobra Lilies, The Antarticans and experimental improv with Jesske Hume/Joe Berardi (of Non Credo) plus more at Swork with One Trick Pony
- Award-winning spirituals with Forever Dedicated Gospel Group performing at the historic 1924 Spanish Colonial Revival Church of Christ
- Xicano progressive fusion with Aztlan Underground, plus hard rock and punk with Stab City, Nu-Tra, HDR, The Beeters, Le Face, and the Curs, plus the winners of the 2008 Eagle Rock High School Battle of the Bands at 7p.m. at the Bateman stage
- Selections from 20th and 21st century classical composers performed by youth at Renaissance Arts Academy
- Literary cabaret Late Night Snack: Short Theater and spoken word by Mike the Poet, author of I Am Alive In Los Angeles!, and The Bus Stop Prophet from 5-7p.m
-Live painting by Unification Theory at the Global Stage from 5p.m.-Midnight, with sales of the paintings to benefit Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
- Soundsight- at Oinkster- Bughouse brings you 6 different art installations that incorporate art, sound and technology. HEADTRIP uses four 42" LCD screens that surround the viewer transporting them to various locales including the desert, beach, the mall and a forest. TALKING HEADS is an interactive tower
comprised of large human cutouts that users can dynamically record and playback sound bites. THE VISUALISER uses live performance by 2 musicians to create and transform video projected graphics. Other
installations include live screen printing onto vinyl records, live speaker painting and individual art pieces